In the same way that you might be noticing your usual pace slow down as you get a little older, the important natural processes inside your cells may be becoming less efficient too.
One of these is the quality control process your cells use to remove mitochondria (your cells’ powerhouses) that are no longer performing at their best. Efficient mitochondrial function is important for maintaining muscle strength as you age, so declines in mitochondrial health may be one reason why you might be noticing that change in pace.
Our Celltrient Cellular Strength formula contains the cellular nutrient Urolithin A (UA), which is clinically shown to support mitochondrial health in muscles.
So, as well as making sure your breakfast is full of vitamins and filling fiber to start your day, add a little cellular nutrition in there too.
This dragon fruit smoothie bowl recipe is a great way to kickstart your morning, thanks to protein-rich almond butter, banana for slow-release energy, vitamin-packed berries and dragon fruit, and a sachet of Celltrient Strength Drink Mix, featuring UA to support your mitochondrial health.
Dragon Fruit Smoothie Bowl Recipe
- 1 pack frozen dragon fruit pulp (or 1 cup fresh dragon fruit pulp)
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 1/2 cup raspberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1/2 banana
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- 1 sachet Celltrient Cellular Strength Drink Mix (Raspberry Pomegranate Flavor)
- 1 cup oat milk or almond milk
Toppings: granola, fresh mixed berries, hemp seeds or chia seeds
- Place all of the smoothie bowl ingredients into a food processor and blend on a high speed until you have a smooth, creamy consistency.
- Pour the mixture into a medium-sized bowl and top with your chosen toppings. We recommend using a selection of fresh berries, a handful of granola, and a sprinkling of hemp or chia seeds.
All trademarks are owned by société des produits Nestlé S.A. Vevey, Switzerland, or used with permission. ©2020 Nestlé.